I have worked with Margot for a number of years while employed for four different brands and on countless projects. After contracting with her while I was Director of Content at Monster.com, I knew she would be the right person to help me meet my needs as I built the content function at Staples. Her team has excelled at written articles, infographics and interactive quizzes, and she will proactively bring ideas to the table acting as an extension of the team.
Norma Gaffin, senior content marketing manager, HealthcareSource
The Word Factory is a cadre of experienced working journalists and corporate communications pros. We don’t have a super-fancy site or tons of self-congratulatory content because that’s just not how we roll. Our focus is producing simple, elegant and effective content, and helping brands and media groups do the same. We deliver our work on time and on budget. High quality. No excuses. No whining.
What We Do
- Advise and coach
- Fill staff and knowledge gaps
- Own content categories/verticals
- Deliver content metrics/performance
- Write, write and write some more
How We Engage
- Staffing & Operations Planning
- Audits & Recommendations
- Strategy & Planning
- Content Team Leadership &/or Oversight
- Individual Content Contributor
- Editorial process and management
- Content strategy and creation
- Audience engagement, development and acquisition through content
Margot is an innovator. She has a keen eye for what's interesting, and an ability to make it even more interesting.
Steve Eisenstadt, content director, Kulesa Faul; former VP, Brodeur Worldwide
Content Creation & Management
Sounds like a tall order, but with 20+ years in the business, we’ve honed our skills, learned a lot and created efficient processes, all of which have big and positive impact on the business. Because of our longevity and our operational focus, we work both sides of the content coin, helping clients through consulting/training and creation.
Consulting, Coaching & Training
Engage us to advise or show you how to:
- Undertake a digital transformation or reorganization
- Operationalize content strategy
- Accelerate content production via efficient content creation processes
- Assess skills and competencies to build stronger and more productive teams
- Evaluate systems and processes to reduce time to publish/time to market
- Develop team practices to generate more topics and types of content, and identify opportunities to launch or amplify initiatives
- Improve engagement, activation and time on site
- Level up and sustain content quality
- Support testing and rapid iteration
- Integrate content expertise into digital initiatives
Content/Editorial Creation & Management
Hire us when you need to:
- Produce more high-quality content for maximum relevance and engagement
- Develop ideas for new topics and types of content
- Approach a project with subject matter expertise you don’t have
- Meet your production deadlines and reduce bottlenecks
- Generate A & B versions for use in testing
- Bridge skills gaps or scheduling issues on your team
- Dedicate a team of writers and designers to a specific initiative
- Brainstorm new initiatives or boost existing ones
- Provide additional revision and editing support
- Bring journalistic standards and new voices to your content
Click a header for a deeper dive into how The Word Factory can help you be more successful.
Can’t keep up with the demand for fresh and engaging content? Want to streamline your content creation process? Wondering how to build a content team or wrangle freelancers? We advise national media companies and brands on how to solve complex content operations issues.
Our team of working journalists creates content for media organizations, global brands and small businesses to inform, drive sales, build loyalty and trust, and advance performance.
Whether you want to recharge your team or train new hires, we teach you how to improve output, increase quality and reduce cycle times. Let us show you how to be a better and more efficient writer.
Mobilizing supporters, educating the public and shaping the debate require concise and directed communication. Let us help you tell your story and engage with crucial stakeholders and influencers.
Looking for a fresh face with 20+ years of cred for a keynote, panel, moderator or session leader? Hello! I’ve got you covered.
We give you your words’ worth. Every day. Every time.
Interested already? Reach out.
Still thinking about it? Explore our practice areas or check out some recent projects. And don’t forget to get some free tips, advice and insight from our blog.