Getting Results for Good Causes
Mobilizing supporters, educating the public and shaping the debate require concise and directed communication. We can help.
It’s always nice when you can do good work and good works at the same time. We frequently use our talents to further the causes we believe in. And we’ll be honest, sometimes we’re compensated and sometimes we’re not.
We strategize with campaign leaders to structure outreach programs that change behaviors and change minds. We also provide technical support like writing, design, interviewing and editing to produce materials that get results.
Here are some of the organizations we support with time and talent:
- North Carolina AIDS Action Network: Advocacy presentation and worksheet to help patients and other advocates write strong letters, blog posts and opinion pieces.
- Equality NC: Business Equality Council outreach, messaging architecture, letters to the editor and articles, advocacy video, source for reporters
- The North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center: communications consulting, safety tips articles, social media strategy development
- The Vasculitis Foundation: newsletter content, web content and navigation
- Talecris/Grifols: press kit, editorial and video content for a rabies education campaign
Margot also frequently presents workshops on writing for advocacy to boards of directors, volunteers and others. The sessions teach an easy-to-use strategy for sketching out letters to the editor, op-eds, blog posts and appeals. Check out the Power of Your Ideas slide deck here.