Training & Coaching to Build Capacity
Writing is hard. We make it easier and faster. Whether you want to recharge your team or train new hires, we teach how to improve output, increase quality and reduce cycle times. We even know how to cut down on friction between writers and groups of content producers. Let us show you how to be a better and more efficient writer or content team.
Professional development and coaching doesn't always work. But ours does.
Sure, you could buy an off-the-shelf training program to recharge your team or prepare new hires for their jobs. Or you could select a training program or coaching engagement tailored to your specific needs and based on the quality of output you desire.
We offer targeted interventions aimed at solving the actual problems you face, not just the topics featured in one-size-fits-all products. And we provide ongoing support. That's how we deliver workforce training, staff development and individual coaching that creates real ROI for clients like John Hancock, Durham Technical Community College, Tufts University Medical Center and The Doctors Company.
It comes down to the 3 Ts:
- Target the right people.
- Tackle their specific problems.
- Tally the results and feed that back into the group.
We put the work back in workshop.
People learn best by doing, so we lead participants in working on what matters most to them and the bottom line. They’re introduced to new tools in a fast-paced, hands-on experience that makes learning fun, personalized and valuable.
Our workshop style of training offers maximal interaction between trainer and participant and among the participants themselves. You won't get boring slide shows or contrived assignments designed to pass the time.
Our Most Popular Writing & Content Marketing Workshops
We offer these workshops on-site individually or in half- and full-day sessions for your team/s. Looking for coaching? Click here to learn how to work with Margot Lester as a writing coach.
- BUILD A BETTER INFOGRAPHIC: A Philosophy & Approach to Produce High-Quality Engagement with Data and Images. Download the Better Infographics handout. View the Infographics slide deck.
- WRITING SHORT: Blogs, Status Updates, Tweets & More. View the Microcontent slide deck.
- GOLD STANDARDS: Creating a Common Language of Quality Writing. Download the Gold Standards handout.
- MESSAGING: Bringing the Customer's Perspective to Your Marketing. View the Better Messaging slide deck.
- SPEED, QUALITY & RELEVANCE: 3 Strategies to Make Writing Easier and More Effective. View the Relevance slide deck.
- THE POWER OF YOUR IDEAS: Expressing Yourself in Writing (and Other Ways). View the Power of Your Ideas slide deck.
- SMART STARTS: Strategies to Get Started Writing Almost Anything. Download the Smart Starts handouts. View the Smart Starts slide deck.
- VOICE LESSONS: Tips for Honing an Authentic Voice Readers Respond to Positively. View the Brand Voice slide deck.
- WRITING FOR ADVOCACY: Sharing Your Ideas and Opinions via Social and Traditional Media. Download the Writing for Advocacy handouts.
The content of these workshops is reverse-engineered to deliver the results you want to achieve. Focusing on your performance goals and the needs and abilities of the participants is the only way to build a training initiative that sticks. We also strongly suggest a follow-on program to make sure the learning is deployed and supported.
Don't see what you're looking for? Don't worry.
We can work with you to create custom sessions or coaching directed at solving those particular problems.
For more information on our training programs, contact Margot Carmichael Lester.
Federal government agency? We're certified!